Purpose of this website
This Website has been established to provide information about parenting for children aged between 4 to 8 years.
The Website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. This website is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, nor is it designed as a treatment for any circumstance where a professional diagnosis of a recognized condition has been made. You should seek the advice of an appropriately qualified healthcare professional before making decisions about your own circumstances. You should not disregard professional medical advice, or delay seeking it, because of any information contained on this Website.
To the extent permitted by law, we will in no way be liable to you or anyone else for any loss or damage, however caused (and whether direct, indirect, consequential or economic) which may be directly or indirectly suffered in connection with use of this Website or websites of other entities which are hyperlinked from this Website.
This general disclaimer is not restricted or modified by any of the following specific warnings and disclaimers.
Specific warnings and disclaimers
The information contained on this Website is provided by us in good faith and on an 'as is' basis. The information is believed to be accurate and current as at the date the information was placed on this Website.
We make no representation or warranty as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this Website, or that your use of this Website will be uninterrupted or error free.
The advice provided in this website, whilst sound in nature is provided in general terms. WeParent does not provide specific advice to your personal circumstance, nor does it seek to override or act in anyway against prior medical advice you have received which may be specific to your or your childs specific circumstance. Never disregard professional mental health or medical advice that has been provided for your individual child. Do not delay in seeking treatment because of something you have seen on this Website. You must make your own assessment of the information contained on this Website and, if you choose to rely on it, it is wholly at your own risk.
We are not liable to you or anyone else if interference with or damage to your computer systems occurs in connection with your use of this Website or a Linked Website. You must take your own precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use from this Website is free of viruses or anything else (such as worms or trojan horses) that may interfere with or damage the operations of your computer systems.
We may, from time to time, change or add to this Website without notice. However, we do not undertake to keep this Website updated and we will not be liable to you or anyone else if errors occur in the information on this Website or if that information is not up-to-date.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, all implied conditions, representations, warranties and other terms are excluded. You must ensure that your access to this Website is not illegal or prohibited by laws which apply to you or in your location.
Your use of this Website
- use this Website to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise offend any person;
- publish, distribute, email, transmit or disseminate any material which is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, indecent, offensive or inappropriate;
- use any automated scripting tools or software;
- engage in or promote any third party surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, unsolicited emailing or spamming via this Website;
- impersonate any other person or entity;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available using this Website any material that you do not have a right to make available or which contains viruses, or other computer codes, files or programs designed to interrupt, limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware or to utilise other computer systems for improper purposes or without authorisation; or
- breach any laws or regulations which are applicable to your use of this Website in your jurisdiction.
If you have a complaint about any of the content that may be published on this Website, you should contact us.
Unless otherwise indicated, all material on this Website, including (but not limited to) text, graphics, audio and video files, information architecture and coding, is WeParent’s copyright property or is used under licence. All rights are reserved.
You are provided with access to this Website and may download, store in cache, display, print or make a single copy of the information or material stored on this Website (in its unaltered form) and for your personal and non-commercial use only.
Except for these purposes, and for the purposes of and subject to the conditions prescribed under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) (or any similar statute that applies in your jurisdiction), you may not, in any form or by any means:
- adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, transmit, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of this Website; or
- commercialise any information, products or services obtained from any part of this Website, without our written permission.
If you wish to make any other use of the material on this Website, you must obtain our permission before doing so. To ask for permission or for further information, please contact us..
All trade names, trade marks, service marks and other product and service names and logos (“Marks”) displayed on this Website are proprietary to their respective owners and are protected by applicable trade mark and copyright laws. These Marks may be our registered or unregistered Marks or may belong to others and are used on this Website with permission of the relevant owner. The following Marks displayed on this Website are our registered trade marks: WeParent,.
Nothing contained on this Website should be construed as granting any licence or right of use of any Mark which is displayed on this Website without the express written permission of the relevant owner.
If you use any of our Marks to refer to our activities, products or services, you must include a statement attributing that Mark to us. You must not use any of our Marks:
- in or as the whole or part of your own Marks;
- in connection with activities, products or services which are not ours;
- in a manner which may be confusing, misleading or deceptive; or
- in a manner that disparages us or our information, products or services (including this Website).
This Website may contain links to Linked Websites. Those links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained. We have no control over or rights in any Linked Website that is not our own.
The inclusion of a Linked Website should not be construed as any endorsement, approval, recommendation or preference by us of the owners or operators of the Linked Website, or for any information, product or service referred to on the Linked Website.
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any third party social media or other service providers that you can access through this Website.
Your visit to our Website
We may also collect and store information about your visit to the Website, including:
- the name of the domain from which you accessed the internet;
- the date and time you accessed the Website;
- the internet address of the website from which you linked directly to the Website;
- the pages you accessed while visiting the Website;
- the type of device from which you accessed the Website; and
- the location from which you accessed the Website.
- Results of online assessments
- Demographic data of you and or your child
All of the information we collect is aggregated and cannot be used to identify you individually. This information is used to measure visitor numbers and to assess how the Website was used in order to maintain its effectiveness.
We do not collect this information for any type of online advertising.
There are additional Member Terms that will apply if you register as a member of this Website.
Website membership enables you to contribute to the interactive elements on this Website such as the discussion forums, Share Your Story, the Q&A page and, if applicable.
Regardless of whether you register, your use of this Website constitutes acknowledgement that the views of members posting queries, comments or statements on this Website are not necessarily our views, and are not necessarily endorsed by us.
If you have a complaint about any of the content that may be published on this Website, you should contact us..
WeParent is a licensed division of Adelaide Psychological Services.
What is personal information?
When used in this Policy, "personal information" has the meaning given in the Privacy Act. Generally, it means any information or an opinion that could be used to identify you.
How do we collect personal information?
We may collect your personal information if you:
- deal with us directly over the phone or via our support service;
- have contact with us in person;
- interact with us online, including through our websites, mobile applications and social media channels (such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and LinkedIn – these social media channels will also handle your personal information for their own purposes and have their own privacy policies); and;
- apply for a position with us (either as an employee, volunteer or as a contractor).
- Complete an online assessment
This collection may be required to allow you to:
- website membership
- receive information from us;
- register to use forums;
- receive information about or become involved in our programs, campaigns or other initiatives;
- use our mobile applications; and
- work with us.
Collecting personal information through our websites
We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer websites, track users movements and gather broad demographic information.
Our websites use Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Our websites and mobile applications also use the following Google Analytics Advertising Features:
- Remarketing and Impression Reporting; and
- Demographics and Interest Reporting.
Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage in order to improve our services.
Our websites use marketing automation tools that send emails using a number of different services. Each service uses tracking technologies primarily to understand what subjects are interesting to you by monitoring whether their emails are opened and links are followed. This information is then used to improve the emails that are sent to you and to improve the services that are offered to you.
What personal information do we collect?
We collect the personal information which you tell us. This may include your name, address, age or date of birth, telephone number, workplace details, email address.
When enrolling as a member you may also provide credit card details and other information which will allow us to process your request and make the transaction. This information is securely stored using Stripe Gateway to enable us to process monthly or annual membership fees.
We may also request:
- your preferences for receiving further information about our programs, campaigns or activities; • your preferences for receiving further information about our programs, campaigns or activities;
- additional types of personal information such as title, department name, company information or marketing spend; and
- demographic information and unique identifiers in order to provide you with a more personalised experience or to verify your passwords.
The choice of how much information you provide to us is yours, but if you want to register as a member of our website or otherwise participate in our programs and events, we require certain information from you in order to provide those services.
Where possible, you have the option of interacting with us anonymously or using a pseudonym if you feel more comfortable dealing with us that way.
Wherever possible, we will try to collect personal information from you directly, rather than from another person or source, unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so.
How does WeParent use your personal information?
The personal information you provide to us may be used by us for the following purposes:
- to allow you to obtain access to the interactive elements of our mobile applications and websites (including the online forums and our campaign websites);
- to involve you in programs, campaigns, research, activities or other initiatives undertaken by WeParent;
- for internal administrative purposes;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- for research, advice and information, including for benchmarking purposes;
- to send you emails about our programs, campaigns or activities if you have agreed to receive our emails (you will be provided with an opportunity in each email to decline to receive any further emails from us by unsubscribing – if you are registered as a member of our websites, you can also edit your email preferences via your member account);
- in the case of marketing automation, to improve the emails that are sent to you and to improve the services that are offered to you;
- to assess any application from you to work with us; and
- if you lodge a complaint with us, to process and respond to your complaint.
If you access the interactive elements of our mobile applications and websites (including online forums), only your display name will be shown online. We recommend that you do not post information online that may identify you or anyone else such as your address, email address or phone number. If you do post personal information online, your personal information may be identified, recovered and displayed by internet search engines.
Regardless of where in the world you reside, WeParent may transfer your data to Australia and the United Kingdom process and store it there.
Other than for the purposes described above, we will not use your personal information without your prior consent.
Security of your personal information
We take reasonable steps to ensure the security of all information we collect, including that the information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. For example, your personal information is maintained in a secure environment, which can be accessed only by authorised personnel. However, no data transmission over the internet or information stored on servers accessible through the internet can be guaranteed to be fully secure.
In addition, we take reasonable steps to destroy or de‐identify your personal information once we no longer need it.
Disclosure of personal information
- service providers that host our website servers;
- marketing service providers; and
- professional advisors (such as accountants, auditors and lawyers).
We may also disclose your personal information if:
- you have consented to the disclosure;
- where disclosure is necessary to prevent injury to life or health; or
- it is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order.
We only disclose your health information for the purposes for which you gave it to us or for a directly related purpose you would reasonably expect or if you agree.
We do not directly disclose personal information to recipients located overseas.
Accessing and correcting personal information
You may request access to your personal information collected by us, and ask that we correct that personal information. You can ask for access or correction by contacting us and we will usually respond within 30 days.
Complaints about your privacy
If you believe your privacy has been breached or you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, please contact us in writing.
@EDIT, no idea if this applies to us?? A quick google makes me think it does.
We will respond within a reasonable period (usually within 30 days). If you are not satisfied with our response, then you may lodge a formal complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (for more information, please see www.oaic.gov.au ).
This Policy was last updated in November 2017.
References to “WeParent”, "we", "us" and "our" are references to WeParen a licensed division of Adelaide Psychological Services ACN@EDIT insert CAN
How to contact us